Online Certificates of Origin
What is a Certificate of Origin (C/O or CO)
A Certificate of Origin is a document used in international trade, which identifies the origin country of the goods being exported. It is a mandatory document by various country customs. In many countries, the duty rate and the admissibility are affected by the country of origin of the goods. Failure to properly declare the origin of goods may result in delay, higher duty/tariff rate, fine/penalty, entry denial or seizure.
Chambers of Commerce issue the Certificate of Origin in which the shipper attests that the goods have been wholly produced, manufactured or processed in particular countries. They certify non-preferential and preferential (i.e. free trade agreements – NAFTA, CAFTA-DR, etc.) certificates of origin.
DB Schenker follows the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) World Chambers Federation (WCF) International Certificate of Origin Guidelines. ICC’s WCF, incorporates the best practices from several national chambers and organizations to produce the international procedures and guidelines manual for chambers in the issuance of non-preferential certificates of origin. The WCF has been acknowledged for its contribution to the harmonization of issuance procedures and as “a most welcome promotion to trade facilitation and contribution to a more efficient and effective trade environment, both for governments and the trading society”. The ICC is the same body that issues INCOTERMS, Letter of Credit and most standard trade practices.
Schenker Trade Advisory Services provides comprehensive Certificate of Origin processing.
Our services include:
- Electronic entry and submission of Certificate of Origin Form
- Certificate of Origin delivered via electronic PDF form for immediate use
- Easy and accessible data library with memory technology
- Legalization processing available for the applicable countries
- Print Certificates of Origin right at your desk
What are the Benefits of a Certificate of Origin?
- May establish lower duty (import tax) rates
- Many goods (food, medicine, etc.) subject to strict Certificate of Origin rules
- Issued by Chamber of Commerce in most countries
- Compliant with all ICC and country regulations
- Easy, quick, familiar web technology
- Turnaround time in hours, rather than days
- Certified copies can be stored digitally and transferred to your agents overseas
- Eliminated potential loss of documents and costly associated delays
- Save on courier, travel, and postage
- Non-Chamber Members: $50.00
- DB Schenker customers: $25.00
Obtaining a Certificate of Origin is a quick and easy process. You can register for an account here. Once your registration is complete, you will receive your login information and can easily obtain a Certificate of Origin using DB Schenker eTradeDocs application system.
Please call us at 1-844-SCH-TRADE (1-844-724-8723) or e-mail TradeSolutionsUS@dbschenker.com for additional assistance.