Dangerous Goods Declarations and Packaging
Online documentation preparation, with built-in regulatory logic from the most current and applicable regulations, provides the easiest solution for creating compliant shipping papers.
Utilizing built-in regulatory logic and user-friendly interface, this application provides users with only compliant options for generating shipping papers and packaging diagrams with the correct outer marking and labeling requirements. Automated data entry within the application helps reduce the potential for human error and civil penalties as a result.
Novices and experts alike can enjoy the potential time savings and improved productivity that generating dangerous goods declarations online offers. The documentation and packaging process of declaring dangerous goods is broken down into a few easy steps. Flipping through multiple regulatory manuals and hundreds of pages are not longer necessary.
Without the hassle of installations or updates, online solutions are available from any standard web browser on any computer connected to the Internet around the world. Each dangerous goods declaration created satisfies the most current requirements of Section 8 for Documentation in the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations. Users can simply sign in and enjoy regulatory compliance around the clock.
The following key benefits will help your business enhance and remain compliant with applicable regulations:
- Web-based application accessible from anywhere around the world
- No installation or updates
- Always uses the most current IATA regulations (and 49 CFR regulations, when applicable)
- Purchase either per-basis, or an annual membership for unlimited shipments
- Eliminate the need for a typewriter
- U.S Government State Variations built in as an integral part of regulatory logic, to help expedite all United States related shipments
- Your shipment information is stored securely in our database behind a firewall
- Reduce the potential for rejected shipments
- Remain in compliance with proper documentation and record retention requirements
- Use built-in productivity tools to create shipper’s declaration even faster
- Print shipper’s declaration on a color printer or save as a PDF.
- Print on pre-printed red bordered paper or print with red borders on plain white paper
United States Record Retention Requirements
For United States purposes, each hazmat employee who is responsible for providing shippers declaration forms or shipping papers must retain a copy as required in 49 CFR §172.200(a) or an electronic image of each declaration form. These declaration forms must be accessible upon request by an appropriate authority at a reasonable time and location.
All declarations of dangerous goods paperwork must be retained for a period of two years (49 CFR §172.201(e)) from the date listed on the air waybill on the declaration form.
IATA regulations specify that at least one copy of the shippers declaration form and any other documents relevant to consignment for each shipment should be retained for a minimum period of three months, or other period required by the national authorities involved in transporting the dangerous goods shipments by air transport. If documents are kept electronically, they should be capable of being reproduced in a printed manner (IATA DGR 1.3.4).
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to register for an account first?
Yes, an account must be registered and approved by DB Schenker before you can successfully log in and begin using a dangerous goods solution.
When do I receive my training certification after I complete the course?
Training certificates are issued electronically via PDF once a dangerous goods training course has been successfully completed online, as long as the account remains in good standing.
Regulatory content for our dangerous goods solutions are updated annually and throughout the year based on addendums and final rules issued by the respective authorities. No download or installation is required by the user to continue using these web-based solutions.
Who should I contact with questions about purchasing?
Please call us at 1-844-SCH-TRADE (1-844-724-8723) or e-mail TradeSolutionsUS@dbschenker.com for additional assistance.