NVOCC Bonds & Ocean Freight Forwarder Bonds
Quickly comply with FMC license requirements with the right NVOCC Bond or OFF Bond at the best price
• Fast bond quotes and automatic electronic filing with the FMC
• A+ rated providers at extremely competitive rates
• Unparalleled industry experience and customer service
If you’re looking to get your FMC license or otherwise operate in the US as an NVOCC or Freight Forwarder, you’ll need a Surety bond. Ocean Transportation Intermediaries (OTIs) such as Non-Vessel Operating Common Carriers (NVOCCs) and Ocean Freight Forwarders (OFFs) operating in the US must have an NVOCC bond or OFF bond registered with the Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) in one of the following amounts:
• $50,000 OFF bond: Ocean Freight Forwarders
• $75,000 NVOCC bond: Licensed NVOCCs (US and non-US based)
• $150,000 NVOCC bond: Unlicensed NVOCCs (non-US based; all US-based NVOCCs must be licensed).
• Additional riders may be required for OFFs/NVOCCs doing business in China to cover fees or fines that the Chinese Government may impose.
The FMC has strict requirements for surety bond providers. DB Schenker Trade Solutions deals only with FMC-approved A+ bond providers. We take the guesswork out of purchasing the right OFF bond or NVOCC bond. And thanks to our unmatched buying power, we’re able to offer our customers the very best rates available — anywhere.
Want more information? Click here to request a quote or consultation. We can also be reached by phone M-F 8 am – 6 pm ET at 1 (844) 724-8723.
We also provide consulting services to help you setup and register your NVOCC or OFF, as well as a full range of insurance policies needed to make sure your business is fully protected.