Import Compliance Consulting
Reduce your import duty burden, stay compliant, and minimize the risk of penalties and shipment delays
We know your team doesn’t have the time or resources to review every shipment to ensure it is compliant with U.S. import regulations. Don’t worry — we can assist. DB Schenker helps you create a compliance strategy that allows you to target areas of opportunity and risk. By serving as your trusted import customs consultant, we can help you spend more time focusing on your business.
Since the passage of the Customs Modernization Act of 1993, importers have been responsible for complying with the evolving customs laws and exercise reasonable care when importing goods into the U.S. Difficult for any individual company to navigate, today’s import regulations are complex and always in flux.
Using DB Schenker’s import compliance consulting services, your company can seamlessly:
- Develop a compliant trade strategy
- Leverage DB Schenker’s expertise and network
- Gain insights into your firm’s past importations
- Identify potential opportunities and concerns
- Recover any overpayments of customs duties
- Avoid delays, fines, and penalties
- Refine your tariff classification database to improve your competitiveness and compliance with U.S. Customs and Border Protection regulations
- Enhance your firm’s compliance profile (for faster releases of shipments, eligibility for enhanced options with customs, and a reduction in risk of penalties and fines)
We provide a full spectrum of customs-related consulting services.
At DB Schenker, we’re focused on building your regulatory compliance program while also evaluating the opportunity for duty reductions. We have created a full menu of compliance capabilities that includes:
- HTS classification assistance
- Free trade agreement eligibility analysis
- Compliance assessment
- Building a comprehensive customs compliance program
- C-TPAT certification and validation
- CBP ACE portal training
- Reconciliation entry program
- Duty drawback program
For more information about how DB Schenker can help ease the burden of import compliance for you and your team, please contact us today.